Thursday, January 27, 2011

What I learned in Algebra class



I happened to take this shot whilst playing with the camera the other day. Seeing it later, I was reminded of an awful joke told by my high school algebra teacher about a million years ago:

There was a snail who, tired of always being kidded for being slow, went to the car dealer and got a fast little sports car. Then he had a bright letter "S" painted on the side. And now, whenever he goes racing around town, all the people say . . .





(wait for it . . . )





"Look at that little escargot!"








With thanks (and apologies) to Harold McManus, HSPVA

7 comments:

  1. You have "blinded me with Science!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is that, if you asked me right now what I remember from that class, it would be:

    1> Algebra is neat!

    2> Look at that little escargot!

    3> If you drive all the way around Houston's 610 Loop and then drive across the Loop's diameter via I-10, the mileages work out almost perfectly in the formula for the circumference of a circle. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I remember from Algebra class....D+

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXf2gZRFVQ&feature=player_embedded

    Check out this Sadde Arrival top LAX. I think you would enjoy this.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete