Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Caption contest: Stuff that happens when I leave my camera lying around

So, occasionally I leave the camera in the tower, with the thought that somebody may have an opportunity to catch a shot of something cool while I'm not there. For example, this first shot; I'm pretty sure (but can neither confirm nor deny) that it's the U.S. Airforce's latest stealth fighter (the XF-3.14) doing a touch-and-go on Runway 24 Right:



I think this next shot was intended to show how large the engines on a B777 really are; it certainly looks like you could park that van in the engine, instead of alongside:



Umm, the woman with the yellow glasses?



Anybody seen an airplane around here?



This final shot shows the top deck of the Terminal 5 parking garage, where space is apparently at a premium (Hey, wait - I see an empty spot!), along with part of the new physical plant being built next door; this might be the view if you were about to take a flying leap off the tower:


I've supplied my initial ideas for each of these photos; now it's your turn: Suggest your ideas for captions in the comments. Instead of my usual practice of holding off on publishing your submissions for a few days, suggestions/comments will be published as they come in, more or less - comment moderation remains in effect.

6 comments:

  1. For #3.... What no TSA super sleuths out here to make sure the guys going the speed limit with the cart tender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you gotta watch out for those guys!

      Delete
  2. 4: I swear I left that 757 right there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bottom one.......I'm gonna jump......cand stand all those CRJ's on the ground together!!!!!!!!!


    John (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. 4: Larry! Where's the forklift?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now arriving at Gate 31; Gate 32; Gate 33; Gate 34 . . .

    ReplyDelete