Monday, May 17, 2010

Seen 2!


As often happens, after posting the shots of Southwest's latest special livery, I had several inspirations for other new things to show, and here are a few:

I'd heard a couple of years ago that Hawaiian was going to be getting new Airbus A330's, and this is their first. It showed up the first week of May, and its first revenue flight was LAX to Honolulu. So far, my only sightings have been after dark, so we'll have to make do with these shots for now. The A330-200 seats up to 40 additional passengers (294) as compared to Hawaiian's B767-300's (252-264). It occurred to me that we haven't had a regular operator of A330's here for some months now, so naturally, the next day:

Air Berlin returns to LAX for the summer. Los Angeles is a seasonal destination for Air Berlin, who also uses A330-200's configured for 303 passengers.

While I was stationed in Memphis, I'd heard that FedEx was planning to add B757's to their fleet, and in fact got to see the first one when it first came in one afternoon. Now, a few years later, here's the first one I've seen in service at LAX. I haven't seen it again, but it has occurred to me that it's also been a while since I've seen a FedEx B727 here.

WestJet has brought in a special livery B737-800 (166 seats) that promotes their customer service promise, "Care-antee". As Westjet is from bilingual Canada, it's in English on one side of the aircraft and in French on the other:
WestJet also recently brought in a 119-seat B737-600, which is the smallest of the B737 Next Generation series. This also happens to be the first -600 I think I've ever seen, as they are not common.

No comments:

Post a Comment