Thursday, May 27, 2010

AAADD

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm a long-time fan of the NPR radio program Car Talk. The other day, while doing some yard work, I was listening to the latest program on my iPod. In the opening segment of the show, the hosts Tom and Ray described a "disorder" which I had already diagnosed in at least one member of the population - namely, myself. Have a listen:


This is how I can spend an entire day doing stuff, and yet have seemingly nothing to show for it. For example, it took me most of a weekend to get a couple of simple plumbing projects done:


Along the way, I also put new string in the weed eater, hung one curtain in the motorhome (but not the other one), cut an ad out of Trade A Plane, brushed a cat (who was "helping"), sorted some recycling, walked to the hardware store three times, read part of the instructions for the sprinkler system, folded some laundry (but haven't yet put it away), got on the computer to pull up a map and directions to a restaurant in Beverly Hills, boxed up some stuff that I need to send out for repairs, trimmed the palm trees in front of the house, went out to the hangar to put away some tools, helped a buddy pull an engine out of a twin Cessna, investigated air brushes at the hobby shop, pulled up another map and directions for a Habitat for Humanity meeting, cleaned the cat boxes, replaced the glow plug relay in the truck (which still isn't running right), dropped stuff off at the cleaners, looked at windows at Lowes, vacuumed the front half of the carpet in the motorhome, and dead-headed the roses in the front flower bed. Oh, and messed around on the Mac putting together a blog entry.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand, is there a problem with this? looks highly productive to me!

    ReplyDelete