Monday, September 7, 2009

Stay tuned!

Sorry guys, I know it's been over a week since I promised you another edition of "Who's That?" Stay tuned - it's still in the works, and is probably going to end up being another two-parter. As you may have heard, southern California has been keeping our firefighters busy lately, and while I (thankfully) have not been directly affected (except for the smoke-induced allergies), it has been a big distraction. Smoke from a number of the fires has been visible from the tower, and for several days last week, flames of the Station fire, the largest fire in the LA area, were visible from the tower at night:


Meanwhile, there have been assorted other personal issues - the Rover failed its smog test, they're about to repave most of the airport where the Baron lives, and oh yeah - I'm trying to buy a house. Minor details . . .

That'll have to do for now - I've got the midshift this week, and thanks to all the supervisors going to a big meeting in the morning, yours truly is in charge of the tower tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, scary! The wildfires, that is, not the part about you being in charge - I hope.


    N

    ReplyDelete