Sunday, November 20, 2022

Another look at ITA's "ghost" livery


I have to admit that I like ITA's paint scheme. Nowadays, nearly all air carriers have gone to boring white airplanes with a logo on the tail. ITA is one of the notable exceptions, with their bright blue Airbuses that sport the Italian tricolor stripes on the tail. The inspiration for the blue comes from the Italian national football team, the Azzurri (the Blues), who wear blue in honor of the House of Savoy. Besides the tricolor stripes, the tail section also features a faint pattern that is reminiscent of a Louis Vuitton handbag. I know that's not what it actually is, but I have yet to find any official reference to it beyond the photos in the company's press materials. This pattern is hard to see, even in daylight, and I've had very little success catching it with the camera. These shots show it, but I've borrowed an official photo that shows it much more clearly.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment