Thursday, April 25, 2019

Something old, something new


Today I got to catch an airplane I've known about for some time but have only seen once, and that when the camera wasn't handy. This Lufthansa B747-8I  wears a legacy livery that, in my humble opinion, is much more appealing than the new livery that Lufthansa has recently introduced. Since Lufthansa operates the B747-8 seasonally at LAX, it's been months since the last time I saw this airplane and I've been hoping to catch it ever since.



 Just to recap, Lufthansa's livery went from this:
To this:
 And now this:

In other livery news, United just announced their new paint scheme yesterday. And then lo and behold, look what taxied out this afternoon:


This chance shot shows the new United colors on a B737-800 and the retiring ex-Continental colors on a SkyWest E-175:


Congratulations to DD and MK, our latest controllers to finish training -- just in time for summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment