Friday, August 27, 2010

Seen 5!


I think I've shown you an Antonov 124 before, but here it is again; with an American B757 in the first picture

In an earlier segment, I mentioned that American Eagle had relocated on the field. This is their new terminal, adjacent to Taxiway Charlie and the Delta and United maintenance ramps. That's a United (Skywest) E-120 Brasilia at Terminal 8 in the foreground

Also mentioned in that previous segment was the Coast Guard station at LAX; here is another of their Dolphin helicopters

Jet Blue has the largest fleet of A320's; this is their 100th

One upside to the fires we have every year about this time is the beautiful sunsets

I can't seem to get away from B737 pictures

It's very rare to see a tail dragger at LAX; this Cessna 180 is only the second or third I've seen (the DC-3 in the first An-124 shot was the first, and I think I've a shot of a Stearman that was here a year or two ago)

Bounce! More than that, actually - this was the first of two, immediately followed by a go-around

I've been hoping to get another opportunity to shoot this StarCraft promo Korean B747, but so far had no luck. This was taken the one and only time I've seen it, about ten at night.

Special promo schemes from south of the border:


This Lufthansa B747-400 may celebrate 50 years of collaboration between Boeing and Lufthansa, but for every Lufthansa B744 we see at LAX, we get two of these:

This one is for one of the guys at work: An Air Force C-17 made a pass over a Santa Monica earlier this summer for a graduation ceremony or Memorial Day (I forget the occasion). It was a bit of a goat rope, as the C-17 approached from the west, against the flow of traffic off of Santa Monica and LAX airports, during a busy departure push. As you can see, visibility wasn't all that great, either. I lucked out getting this shot, as the fly-by was visible through the haze and low clouds for about three seconds.

This Virgin America A320 has two names: on this side it's Air Drake; on the other side it's chic mobile

A B767 arriving on Runway 24 Right, as seen through the approach lights

No comments:

Post a Comment