Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meanwhile . . .



Lest you get the impression that all I do is talk to and take pictures of airplanes, let me put in a plug for some of the non-aviation-related things I'm involved with:

Are you a blood donor?
American Red Cross

Everyone needs a home
Habitat for Humanity

One of the public radio stations I support with my time and money. KCRW is one of the things I missed most during my hiatus from California a few years ago (Trader Joe's and In-N-Out Burger were the others). Thankfully there is now the ability to listen online. During the most recent pledge drive, I took calls from listeners in San Francisco, Tennessee, New York, and London! Support your local public radio station.

Live theater is not at all the same as TV or the movies, especially in a smaller theater. Some of the best productions I've experienced were in 99-seat-or-less theaters. While I work with the Long Beach Shakespeare Company, the works of the bard are not all we have on offer. We just wrapped the world premiere of an absurdist play that was a hoot, and A Christmas Carol and War of the Worlds are perennial favorites. Coming up later this season will be one of my personal favorites, The Importance of Being Earnest.


Remember: Think globally, Act locally!

No comments:

Post a Comment