Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain, rain, go away! (revised)

When I first published this entry, it included a picture that apparently only I could see. Hopefully that has been resolved . . .


The weather here in usually sunny southern California has been anything but of late. I've lost count of how many days we've had rain, but I'm starting to see animals walking in pairs . . .

The sad part is that we really do need the rain, but all at once doesn't help all that much - most of it runs off and ends up in the ocean. Worse yet is all the trash that the run-off takes with it; the beaches will be covered with the stuff, and swimmers and surfers are advised to stay out of the water. What the fish do, I don't know.

In the meantime, on to happier topics. For Christmas, I gave mom some new chicks to replenish her depleted flock. Here are a few of them, now about a month old:

It's a Chick-mas tree!

For my birthday, my sister gave me some green hot chocolate mix. It doesn't look like anything much at first:


But it really is green!

Notice how it matches the green of the kitchen counter.
Here's a more sinister view:

Looks like something out of Snape's dungeon . . .

This stuff is to hot chocolate what white chocolate is to regular chocolate; while creamy-sweet, it doesn't taste much like chocolate (to me, anyway). Update: I checked the ingredients, and chocolate is none of them. Definitely a fun idea; it'll be great for Halloween parties.

Speaking of green, Horizon seems to have more than one Dash-8 in the green scheme, seen here back when the sun was out:


And here's a bit more green:

Japan Airlines filed for bankruptcy a few days ago (yahoo news article). When this airplane showed up over the weekend, the joke in the tower was that they must have run out of red ink (and paint), and had to make do with green.


The next installment in the Wake Turbulence series will feature Airbus heavy jets once I round up the appropriate photos; since I've been working on my IA refresher training this week, it'll probably be another couple of days. Stay dry and stay tuned . . .

And how 'bout them Saints?! Goin' to the Superbowl! Go Saints!!!

2 comments:

  1. The Chick-mas tree didn't look like much either...(?)

    And may I recommend the green hot chocolate as an alternative to green beer on St. Pat's day.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know - people used to put live candles on Christmas tress, why not live birds?

    St. Patty's day - I shoulda thought of that!

    And come to think of it, that's the same color green that I had in the pink bedroom!

    ReplyDelete