Monday, November 12, 2018

I get by with a little help from my friends



On occasion I'll come up to the tower cab and someone will tell me "Oh check your camera - I took some pictures for you yesterday!" Today's post is courtesy of UR and TT, who took these shots last week.

When I first looked at the opening shot, I didn't catch on. Then I took a look at the next one:



There are just four Boeing Dreamlifters in the world, and LAX is not one of their usual stops. As far as I know, this is the first time we've had one drop in. The late afternoon sun and haze made lousy conditions for photography, but I'm glad UR took one more. How often do you get to see these two types together?
 



California has been in the news lately thanks to another round of wildfires. As I write this, some two dozen fatalities have been reported. The one small benefit is that we're having some amazing sunsets; TT took these shots:
 







Thanks again to UR and TT! 

Here in US, we're observing Veterans Day; in some other parts of the world it's known as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day. Thank you to all of the men and women who have served or are serving in our armed forces!

1 comment:

  1. My husband was doing a job at LSG and the Dreamlifter was parked at the end of the lot. He took a picture for me and made my day.
    I like the sunsets, but the particulates in the air wrecked havoc with my breathing.

    ReplyDelete