Monday, December 4, 2017

Catching up


I was doing so well for a while, and then all of a sudden it's been well over a month since I've posted. Oops. There is some good news though: in the interim I've had two trainees finish their training. Congrats to JB, our newest journeyman controller at LAX. And welcome back to TT, who was out for a while but has now returned. Of course, no good deed goes unpunished: Having gotten rid of those two trainees, I've been awarded two more!

Otherwise, today's entry is a collection of interesting shots from the time away. Enjoy!


I got to drive this!

The MD-87 was a rare bird when it was new. Nowadays, it's very uncommon indeed.



SkyWest now flies for Alaska Airlines at LAX, in addition to American, Delta, and United.


A SkyWest E-175 with a Delta A319


Horizon still flies for Alaska at LAX as well. This is the first Horizon airplane I've seen in the new Alaska livery.


Volaris has a revised livery; this is the first example seen at LAX


2 comments:

  1. I can't look at the Volaris tail, it makes me nauseous. My oldest's friend is flying for Skywest now. He likes the UA branded flights best. I saw the ANA SW branded aircraft when she flew the cast of SW7 to Japan for the premiere. Love the photos and good luck to the trainees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did you get the first Q in the new Alaska paint, you also got N321VA the first 321neo for Virgin America in the same picture. You might want to be on the lookout for N925VA, currently being fitted in MIA, as it is rumored to be the first 321 in the new Alaska paint

    ReplyDelete