Thursday, August 23, 2012

Photo fun

As promised, here are a few more interesting shots:

No story here, but it looks like they're about to have a tug-of-war

Now that most of the old American shed is gone, we can see what's stacked up on the American maintenance ramp.

I think this is the first time that we've had two A380s moving at once on the south side of the airport. With the weekend closure of runway 24 Left, the only available departure runway for the A380 is runway 25 Left, which is where Korean is headed. Air France, meanwhile, is destined for one of the remote gates at the west end, and thus has been given the south side for arrival because of taxiway closures associated with the runway 24 Left closure:


4 comments:

  1. First Pic........I Hate when Planes....'bicker'......and don't speak to each other.......Grrrr

    Second Pic.....I could be wrong....but I have my "McDaniel & Countryman"....LAX runway cams on every single day...with "Cargo City" view.....and the "Pacific view"......
    ( www.cargolaw.com )
    I think last year some time.....I actually saw...2 A-380's...(both Quantas)....in the same frame of the "Pacific View".....both had landed...within an hour or two...of each other....???!!!!!
    I may be wrong....it was a while back.....early last year..or maybe even 2010.......
    anyway thats my 2 cents worth...and I'd like 'change' back..........and in 'big bills'......;))))

    Ya know.....those 'figure WFT is wrong' with your fantastic pictures is so Fun.......!!!!
    Hope you put more.....just go a little easy on us "Aviation Geeks".....lol
    how about the 'Pre-K' version for us......geeky types..........kidding..
    later Captain Vector......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking at all of those taxiway closures and I can't help but to ask. Has an entire runway complex ever been closed down for construction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pardon me for my ignorance.

    Why is 24L closed on the weekend here?

    O'HareAviation
    www.youtube.com/ohareaviation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to see 747s getting phased out of most airlines. There really is no question that the 747 is better looking plane than the A380.

    ReplyDelete