Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stuff from around the web (revised)

This is a smattering of interesting stuff I've seen lately on the web. Revised because I left out this first item:

We'll start with a link to an LA Times article about LAX improvements:

LA Times: LAX hopes to dominate western skies

Next, a related graphic showing changes at LAX:

LA Times: LAX's Next Generation


LAX led the nation last year in aircraft being hit by lasers. The LAPD have been working with us for some time to get this malicious and hazardous activity under control:

MSNBC: Laser Pointer Sting Nabs Two


And now, for some unhappy news from the Chicago Tribune:



More, from the LA Times


Fortunately, all onboard got out safely. To try and end on a less serious note:

3 comments:

  1. I heard that they are also planning to build a midfield concourse west of the current terminal connected by a bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! I ache for the non-profit team that supported the 'Libery Belle' B-17 lost in Il. There are so few... And no one was hurt. I;m thinking mega superior pilots and the chase plane is a good idea.
    Catching the Laser Thugs, another good item. One has to ask, why? Such bad behavior is worthy of very serious puishment.
    I enjoy the posts, even if I cannot seem to reply under my own name. I have no clue... -Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capt Vector, I have a unrelated question; Last week I flew in the SFR corridor over the top of LAX. The question is.... do you guys monitor us at all? I know we squak 1201 and transmit on the unicom, but is anybody listening or watching in your tower? Anyhow thanks for your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete