Friday, September 24, 2010

Sisters with Blisters


Sisters With Blisters Dallas 2008

For the last several years, my friend Jenny from Texas has walked in the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure. For those unfamiliar, this is a fund-raising event for breast cancer research. Jenny lost her mother to breast cancer, and my good friend and running buddy (and first instructor at Monroe Tower) Bob lost his wife to breast cancer shortly after the birth of their second baby. I imagine that there are similar tales within the readership of these words. I support Jenny's walk each year, and I'd like to encourage you to consider doing something as well. Maybe walk, run or bike in your local event. Or support a friend, neighbor, or coworker who is. If you would like to join me in supporting Jenny's walk, here is a link to her donation page:

Jenny at the Dallas Fort Worth 3-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment