Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Solstice

So, last week it was Friday the 13th. This week, it's the summer solstice and a full moon. Expect shenanigans galore.

Meanwhile, a couple of updates. Doug and David have managed to find a way to keep The Four Olives open for another week while searching for a buyer. Less happily, we had a training team meeting this afternoon, and my former trainee is now considering reassignment to one of the other airports in the area. I wish them all well.

Congrats to my cousin Owen and his wife Holly on the birth of their second daughter!

Holy heatwave, Batman! It's the beginning of summer, with a vengeance. Temps in the LA basin have been in the 90's for a couple of days now. 'June gloom', which normally keeps temperatures mild in June, lasted for all of about three days at the beginning of the month. My roses have been stressing from the heat, and I'm not looking forward to the utility bill.

What I'm listening to now: Cole Porter's musical, Anything Goes, recorded in 1962 with Eileen Rodgers.

Have a good (hot) weekend!

CV

No comments:

Post a Comment